Sunday, May 23, 2010

The moments a mom lives for

A good friend of mine in La Crosse gave me this pandora charm bracelet when we left for Ohio. I love the bracelet and have been slowly adding charms to it ever since. This past Valentine's Day, Matt got me these three charms that you see in the picture, representing each of the kids' birthstones. Wyatt's is on the far left, Sadie is in the middle, and Blake's is on the right. When Matt gave them to me on Valentine's Day, the kids were so excited for me to open my gift since they had gone with Matt to get them and knew how much I'd love them. Periodically, Wyatt will ask which one is his and which is Sadie's or Blake's. But yesterday, as we sat at the Minnesota Twins game, Wyatt was looking at it and then looked at me and said, "Mommy, Blake and I are on the outside of Sadie so we can protect her, because we are her brothers." And that was it.....one of those moments that you live for as a mom. And it came in the middle of a crowded baseball stadium, out of the blue, and with no further thoughts afterwards. He just said it and moved on to his next thought. But for me, it was a comment that I just treasured, knowing that he thinks about protecting his little sister at times when he could be thinking about a million other things.

2 comments:

steph said...

that is so precious! how sweet that he thinks about protecting her!

Kiley said...

Wyatt is so sweet. You have great kids, Kristin. :)