Thursday, December 1, 2011

In search of the perfect tree....

No Black Friday shopping for us. My mom and I looked through all the adds, but thankfully there wasn't anything we 'needed' to get and I was looking forward to a good night's sleep and just enjoying our time with the family. There are some years when my mom and I have braved the crowds, but we were happy to stay in and enjoy our weekend, fully rested.

Thankfully Wyatt's fever had broken, so we headed up to my aunt and uncle's Christmas Tree farm in Cambridge to make sure we got the perfect tree before anyone else found it! This is such a fun tradition for our family....for me, because I have so many memories of celebrating Christmas up at their house with all my cousins and aunts and uncles, but also for my kids because they love getting to pick out their own ornament from the gift shop each year (courtesy of Aunt Adie) and get to see my cousins and aunt and uncle. We also usually run into our good friends, the Kuchs, as Angie grew up in Cambridge and its a tradition for them also.

He looks thrilled, doesn't he? Little does he know that 50 degrees for cutting down a tree is exceedingly warm!
Sadie and Coby



..the ole Sorensen measurement...
Each kid found a tree that was 'just their size'

Sadie was most excited about finding a dog to pet!
Our Tree!!!!!!


I am beginning to see a slight obsession with tools...



Sadie's tree

Nani and Pops still searching.....poor Mom, we gave her such a hard time. She found a great tree but wanted to make sure there wasn't a better one, and in her attempt to ensure that her tree was truly the best one, someone else came and began cutting it down. So then we teased her that she better pick one quickly before someone else took the 2nd best tree!
And of course their tree was much bigger than ours, so Matt and my Dad took turns with the saw and had to haul it out together.


Blake's tree...he kept walking around and standing next to each little tree, saying "Blake's size....Blake's tree"

Matt and my cousin Bob loading the tree.....if you ever need an expert to tie down a tree, my cousins are the ones!

0 comments: