Monday, December 13, 2010

Some new decor...

I have been reading several interior design blogs lately--in all my spare time :)--and was inspired to get some new christmas decor in our house. (not tough to convince my husband of this as he is the one who LOVES decorating and seasonal decor.) I also took on a few DIY (Do It Yourself) projects that actually turned out to be pretty fun......

I had the idea for this vase but my mother-in-law helped me pull it all together.



This was a fun one.....bought paper mache letters and spray painted them. I would like to add more glitter next year, but with my little tornado around (Blake), I wasn't up for cleaning up the mess that it creates.


And this doesn't really count as decor, but it is a must-have for anyone with a real Christmas Tree. It's a tree-waterer that sits inside the tree and allows you to check the water level as well as water the tree right from here (as opposed to reaching under the tree with a pitcher of water).

My mother-in-law made these a few years ago for the kids as an advent countdown of sorts and the kids love them. This year I hung them on a wire I had hung for pictures (unfortunately the weight of some of the items inside the mittens was a bit heavy, so I'll have to restring it once we are done with Christmas) but the kids love waking up each morning and seeing what is in each mitten.


Love the season! And love how festive the house feels this time of year!

1 comments:

Lindsay Borland said...

what blogs do you read?!?!?!