Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Sadie at 16mos.

Sadie is at such a great age now. She is talking all the time (even stringing two words together at times) and her personality seems to be emerging more and more each day. This sweet little girl whose smile just melts us.........
......was eating this the other day. Yes, this exact ant was in her mouth when I looked at her and said, "Sadie, what are you eating? Spit it out" and this is what she spit into my hand. She has also eaten dirt, sand, and (unsuccessfully) rocks. Who knows what else has been successfully consumed that I don't know about.
She is also obsessed with taking her shoes off. She has figured out how to take off every pair of shoes and it's the first thing she does when we get in the car. On Sunday, I had to take her in to the nursery at church with no shoes on because she had thrown one of them out the window.

And she is a wanderer. When Wyatt was this age, I would just walk away from him if we needed to leave and he'd quickly follow----but not Sadie. She could care less if anyone is around or not. This picture was taken out our back door and she was taking off for a walk with her babydoll. She'll put the baby in the stroller, throw any bag over her shoulder (like a purse) and say, "Bye Bye" and then she's off!

our little mommy

I had to put this picture on because she just looks so sweet---you'd have no idea that she has started throwing full-on tantrums. Yep, the throw-your-body-on-the-ground-and-scream kind. When we say 'no' or take something away that she wants, this is the response. Sometimes she'll even bite whatever is close by because she is so mad (unfortunately that was her brother one day!) So on the days when her independence seems unbearable, I'll just look at this picture and remind myself of what a sweetie she can be!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

For the first time Ellison threw a fit because she wanted to wear different shoes then the ones I wanted her to wear. I was like "you can't be serious". She was serious. Under no circumstances was she going to let me put her new white sandals on. Isn't it funny how two kids from the same parents can be SO different??? Fun fun.
Jen

Michelle said...

She sounds like Madelynn!! She always takes her shoes off and doesn't care if we walk away from her to leave! And, she has just started saying "NOOO!" when we tell her to do something she doesn't want to. I have thought several times lately "where is my quiet, laid back, little angel that NEVER cried as a baby??" The full blown tantrums haven't started yet...hopefully they won't!

Anonymous said...

OH i cannot wait to come see you guys in september ... i'll try calling on my way to colorado tomorrow with the exact dates i am coming!!! love you guys!