Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Lately

Just a few of the things Sadie has been up to lately....


..a friend introduced me to a new way of doing curls at night....
Rag curls!!

As you can tell, Sadie loves doing the rag curls and they are much more comfortable to sleep on!
And the highly-anticipated Daddy Daughter Dance....It is for girls ages 4-10 and is held at one of the junior high schools. Not only did Sadie love it but she also loved getting to see some of her friends there! My friend Dixie has some pictures that her husband took of Matt and Sadie at the dance, so once I get those I will post them as well.


Sadie has also been asking for a pet for a long time...and she finally got one at school! They made pet rocks and she was so excited to bring her's home. She has made a bed for her, fed her and even named her. Oh yes, if you ask Sadie what her pet rock's name is she will say,
"Lucy Amril Sorensen"
(I have no idea where she ever heard the name/word Amril, but it's another one of Sadie's creative moments!)

And the splits....she has been working hard to try and do them just like the other girls in our neighborhood who are on competitive dance teams! So funny!
But she's getting closer!!
And one more Sadie-ism.....shortly after we got back from vacation, we were out as a family and I pulled several dollar bills out of my wallet to try and 'reorganize' everything and as I sat there with what appeared to be a lot of money in my hands, Sadie said, "So what am I getting?"
Matt and I cracked up and just love the optimism she always has..."I mean, if Mommy has money she certainly must be buying something for me, right?"

0 comments: