Sunday, March 25, 2012

Birthday weekend

So I am obviously behind on posting if, on March 26th, I am posting about my birthday on the 10th! But I am going to get there and I couldn't skip over all the fun we had the weekend of my birthday. After we got home from the hockey expo on Friday night, we put the kids to bed and my parents arrived shortly after that. We caught up a bit and reminisced over our trip to Disney and our family trips as kids to Disney. Lots of memories and lots of fun reliving it all!
Saturday was my actual birthday and we went out for breakfast with my parents and the Scribner family to a great restaurant in downtown Minneapolis. Unforunately we were having such a great time that I forgot to take any pictures. We got home just in time for Wyatt and Matt to go to hockey and Sadie and Blake to take a much-needed nap. So my Dad offered to hang out at the house while my mom and I enjoyed a rare afternoon of shopping (on a beautiful sunny, 70 degree day nonetheless!)

What a treat to spend an afternoon with my mom all to myself!!

After we got home and had some dinner, the Scribner family came back over for cake and games.

With my princess (she randomly changed into this--gloves, purse and all!)
My good friend Dixie Scribner--I don't know how I would survive without her!
And then we all watched the boy's state tournament finals


..and Matt started to fade....
Do you think my kids like Nani??
(my mom was scratching Sadie's back, which is why her shirt looks like that!)
A few pictures of the night from Sadie's vantage point...




It was a great birthday weekend and I am so thankful for my family and good friends in our lives!

1 comments:

Lindsay Borland said...

oh i like mom's hair in these pics ... it looks a bit darker! so fun to skpye with you guys that night, i feel like i was there for most of these pictures!!!