Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Good to be Home

We made the trip home to Wisconsin over two days, stopping in Michigan to see Matt's grandparents on the way. Our time with them was too short, but we were thankful we were able to see them and also thankful that our time coincided with the snow storms. We did most of our travelling in the car between the storms, so it was relatively uneventful. (I say relatively because the last hour of our drive to Madison was pretty rough--due to the roads, not the kids--but for an 8+ hour trip, we couldn't complain.)
We got to the Sorensens (Grammy and Papa's) on Saturday night, so excited to see family and lots of snow!

Matt and Kyle on the Wii

Wyatt's turn!

Sadie with Auntie Mollie watching those silly boys


Doubles Tennis

I had to snap these pictures of Sadie playing with her 'babydoll'. She is such a little mother and I think I'm especially intrigued by it because it's amazing to watch the difference between little boys and little girls.



Speaking of differences, Sadie can find a purse or shoes in a haystack! While we were eating dinner one night, Sadie quietly got into my bag and found my lipstick. I wasn't too happy about it, but thought it was hilarious as it seems every little girl gets into her mother's makeup eventually! But I do have to say that she did a pretty good job applying it, don't you think? (nevermind the mess on her hands:)


We were SO excited to see all the snow in Madison and it kept coming while we were there. We spent as much time outside enjoying it as we possibly could.


Uncle Ty and Wyatt



Does this look like a happy kid or what?



The first day we headed out it was only about 8 degrees. Needless to say, Sadie didn't last more than an hour (which I thought was pretty good to begin with). But I had to take this picture of her looking outside at us sledding--she looks so sad! Although she was more upset when she was outside in the cold.

Reading books (one of my kids' favorite things to do) with Papa

Just a disclaimer about the upcoming posts----we were home in Madison for over a week and I took over 500 pictures. No, I won't post all of them or even half of them, but that still leaves for a lot of pics. So I tried to break our trip up into several different posts so it's not quite such an overload. We'll see how it goes! But we were so thankful to be with family for such an extended period of time, as it will probably be our last time in Madison until we are done here in Ohio. And we sure did enjoy it!

1 comments:

my3boyz said...

Who got the Wii? DId you love it?