Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Goodbyes--for real this time

We all procrastinated in saying goodbye to each other. For the last few weeks in La Crosse, we'd say, "This is out last....... together" but we'll still see each other tomorrow. But we finally reached our last day in La Crosse when there was no tomorrow. I wrote in a previous post about what wonderful blessings all my friends in La Crosse have been, but I just can't say it enough. We are now all scattered around the country, yet we'll always have our time in La Crosse in common. I spoke with an attending at the hospital who told me that 15 years after residency, she still is in touch with the other women who went through residency at the same time and I'm planning on being the same way!


Me (Ohio), Stephanie (Pennsylvania), Nicole (Oregon), and Sarah (Wisconsin)



Matt, Ben, Annette, and I--Ben and Annette were friends that we just met before leaving La Crosse but are so thankful to have done so. Ben's dad was actually my father-in-laws wrestling coach in college and Matt grew up hearing such great things about Ben's dad, so we had this instant connection when they moved to La Crosse. Plus, they did their residency in Columbus, OH, so they've been so helpful as we prepare to move there.




Side by Side 2008---Of course not everyone was here for this picture, but it was great to spend time with everyone the night before we had to move. This picture was taken at the residency graduation dinner. These women all mean so much to me and I have loved experiencing residency with them.

I love this picture because it just reminds me of what these women have meant to me--just looking at the excitement on each of their faces over a new baby, seeing each other, asking how things are going, etc. We all experienced life with each other---joys, sadness, excitement--it's one of the things I love about being around other women. These are the good friends that share your joys and sorrows and I will truly miss living in the same city with all of them.

1 comments:

kara jayne said...

I must admit that I now have a dull ache in my chest. I know the feelings well. The excitement of being finished and going off on a new adventure, but the hurt of leaving such dear friends. I love you and am SO GLAD that we met during residency. We will be friends FOREVER!! I love you