Monday, August 30, 2010

Our Dates

Last weekend Matt and I each had a date....and not with each other. Sadie and I had a date on Friday night and then Matt and Wyatt had theirs on Sunday. Truthfully, Matt and Wyatt were planning on going to the twins game on sunday evening with our friends Drew and Kael, so Matt felt like I should do something special with Sadie. When I told her that afternoon that her and I had a date, her eyes just lit up. I told her we would be going out for dinner and she could pick where (Noodles and Co, her fav).

She wanted to 'get ready' with me, so I did her hair and let her put on some 'lips gloss', as she calls it. She was so excited and wanted to wear her new skirt.

She got several compliments on her tutu
And I was amazed and how 'girly' she was the entire time. She brought her purse and several times during our dinner, she rifled through it to find 'something', although I never ended up finding out exactly what that something was. I made sure to focus on her the entire time=moving at 'Sadie speed' (slow), jumping over everything (she loves to see how high and far she can jump these days), and talking non-stop without being interrupted by her brothers. We had a great time!

The boys in their jerseys
(courtesy of Uncle Kyle, as gifts for being the bestman and ring bearer in his wedding)
They, too, had a great time. Matt took Wyatt to Maxwell's for wings beforehand (just like Matt does with all his buddies, so Wyatt was feeling like one of the 'guys'). And the game ended up being the 'back to school' night from Target, so they handed out Twins backpacks with colored pencils inside--perfect!!! And Kael and Wyatt both got sundaes inside the plastic Twins helmets at the game--another highlight!

0 comments: