Thursday, July 7, 2011

Waiting for 6 mos. for this day

You may remember Wyatt's love for the buckeyes that I make every year at Christmas time (see here). I only make them at Christmas for two reasons:(1)it makes them extra special that we only have them during that time of year and (2)it gives me a break from the pressure of having to make them all the time (because they are time consuming to make).

This past Christmas, as Wyatt and Matt were enjoying the last few buckeyes, Wyatt began to ask why i couldn't make them during the rest of the year. When I told him my reasons, he said, "well can I just put one in the freezer to eat in July?"....to which I said sure! I actually didn't know if he would keep it until July, but he did........


On July 1st, he woke up and asked immediately about the buckeye......we got it out and thawed it.....

and then waited until Daddy came home (thankfully he was home by lunchtime, so they enjoyed it after a round of golf---in the hot 100s!! Can you see how sweaty Wy is?)


Now we are halfway to Christmas and a full batch (or several batches) of buckeyes!!!!

1 comments:

steph said...

Love this! So sweet that he remembered. Mmm. I love buckeyes.