Monday, April 18, 2011

Room Makeovers

This post is mostly for the benefit of those of you who can't make it to our place often as well as for us to remember someday. I realize that styles change and someday we and/or our kids will look back on this and wonder how we could have thought it looked good, but right now we are LOVING our family room. It's been almost a year in progress but it is finally complete! And I am beyond thrilled that we took our time and waited for the perfect pieces for the room....hopefully the rest of the house won't take as long!

Unfortunately I never took before pictures, so these will have to do.....notice the room behind Sadie...
and this chair....
OK, one more look at the old room....
Drumroll please......












(I love the basket just to the left of the TV....perfect for blankets! and also pillows most of the time since the kids just throw them around!)

(kitchen light fixtures are also new...and no, that isn't Matt...it's his younger brother Tyler who will be living with us this summer!)

This owl is one of my favorites! Always makes me smile



So there you have it! We have a few more spaces that are nearly done and I actually took before pictures in those rooms, so you can look forward to those!

1 comments:

joan said...

Kris--the draperies are PERFECT!! I'm anxious to see everything in person. You have done a wonderful job putting it all together. I marvel at your ability to take it a step at a time and to be patient in finding just the right look. Time consuming--YES!!