Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The perfect day

How could looking out your window to see this......






....not be the beginning of a perfect winter day??? It helps that Matt wasn't on-call and we had NO plans for the weekend!! So Saturday became a picture of a perfect day for us. Relax in the morning (no sleeping in with little ones!), then Matt and Wyatt and Sadie headed to the rink just down the road from our house. Sadie has really gotten good at skating and loves to go out with the boys, although she usually gets cold much earlier than Wyatt and Matt since she can't move as fast as they can. But she's skating really well for only be 2 years old (almost 3yrs).









I guess the day would have been more perfect if I had been able to join them....maybe next winter when I can wear Blake on me and skate with them. But since I couldn't skate with them, I ran a few errands and then made use of my telephoto lens on my way home, taking all these pictures. They had no idea I was there and I loved just watching them. It was also perfect timing when I let them know I was there because I was able to bring Sadie home with me to get lunch ready and Matt and Wyatt were able to play some hockey, just the two of them.

More pictures I took on our way home from the rink.......beauty abounding!


After naps, the kids headed back outside with Matt and they went sledding for about 2 hours. They loved it and I hope they always love being active in the winter---Matt and I love being outside and hope to pass this along to our kids! I especially can't wait until next winter when I can again ski, skate, sled, etc!

(I just love the rosy cheeks from playing hard outside!)

1 comments:

Our Family said...

I'm glad you posted these! Such beautiful pictures!!! Rosy cheeks are the best aren't they?? :) I've broken my phone and don't have anyone's numbers so if you want to give me a call so I have yours that would be wonderful~ Love ya!