Thursday, February 11, 2010

One man's trash is another's treasure...

Well I don't suppose most people would call snow 'trash' ,but there are many who don't like it. In this family, however, we love it!! Can't get enough of it! And it just keeps coming down this winter, which we are so thankful for. The beauty in a snowfall is unparalleled (in my opinion) and is an amazing gift from our Creator. No man could make anything so beautiful--its simply breathtaking. And always so quiet.....I love the quiet that comes over a neighborhood/city during a snowstorm. It's so peaceful....




The kids and I have been shovelling just about everyday after Wyatt gets home from school or after their afternoon rest time/naps. But on one occasion, we waited until Matt got home and the kids stayed out there with him for hours...building forts, digging tunnels, having snowball fights, and making slides. These first pictures are a bit blurry since I turned the flash off and the shutter required a longer time to capture enough light, but I still think they are amazing!
Doesn't the light from the homes in the background look cool?
They really were having fun....just not liking the fact that I asked them to stop playing for long enough to get a good picture! And my husband's hideous hat.....he loves that thing and I can't stand it, but there is no arguing over the warmth of it!



And how can you not love the rosy cheeks after playing outside for so long that your entire body is sweating but your cheeks get a bit cold? Great memories of growing up in the upper midwest! So thankful to be back here again!

3 comments:

steph said...

love this. i have been shoveling a ton too! but poor charlie can't really play in the snow so he gets to sit in the stroller by me. don't you guys think you will be getting a snowblower soon?

Anonymous said...

so fun ... i love a snowy winter but just wish it lasted only a few months, not half the year!!!

Our Family said...

Go Sorensen's on shoveling your own drive (we haven't sold out to a snowblower yet!)- Ryan and I think it is a great workout!! :)