Tuesday, November 13, 2007

When did this happen?

This is a picture we took of Wyatt when he was about 9 months old. The tree next to our house seems to lose it's leaves last, which is great because I usually think about taking pictures in the leaves much too late and this one gives me that last opportunity to take some. Today we went outside to take some pictures under the same tree.And this is the picture of Wyatt I took today.....almost 2 years to the date after the picture above was taken. I can't believe it! It seems like it wasn't that long ago that we took the picture above. Everybody says the time goes so fast and to enjoy every moment, but when you are in the middle of the baby and toddler years, it seems like it will last forever. Will I ever be able to eat a meal without cleaning up a mess, feeding someone else while eating my own food, or having someone ask me if they can eat what's on my plate? I love having kids, but there are some things I doubt I'll miss. And then there are days like today when I just can't believe how fast the last 2 years have gone---and there's no getting them back!

Of course, I had to take a picture of Sadie in the same pose as Wyatt was in 2 years ago. Yes, they do look a lot alike, but Sadie is much 'girlier' and her head and is nowhere near as big as Wyatt's was (thank goodness for her!) Still, looking at the pictures of the two of them, there's no denying they are related!!
Wyatt had so much fun raking up the leaves and showing them to Sadie. He's really starting to embrace being a 'big brother' and being able to show Sadie everything. Of course, he still doesn't seem to understand that he can't just rip a toy out of her hand whenever he wants. I have a feeling things are going to get very interesting in our house once Sadie becomes mobile. She can slowly move around, but once she gets a bit quicker, I could have quite a few disputes on my hands!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the call ... those pictures are crazy! oh, and i LOVE the one of wyatt and sadie, i can totally hear him talking to her in his high pitched "mom" voice! can't wait to see you guys tomorrow!