Monday, August 25, 2014

Blake's off to preschool

Blake actually started preschool the day before Wyatt and Sadie started school. He was so excited to be going school (finally) but he was a bit bummed that he still has to wait another year to be at the same school with W and S. Still so proud!
Sadie was so excited for Blake's 1st day
The big man 
He was so excited about his Ninja Turtle backpack--his favorite part was the shell, of course!
It was raining like crazy that morning. Thankfully Blake has older siblings that were more than willing to walk him in and check out his classroom with him. (I think Wyatt and Sadie were equally as excited for Blake's first day since the older siblings rarely get to go see where the younger ones spend their days)
The whole family was there! I love his picture of these two in Blake's new classroom.
Blake is at a Montessori preschool this year and I absolutely love it! I wish I had done a montessori school for my other kids, but it definitely fits Blake's personality very well. He walked right in, didn't even think to give me a kiss and hug (until I asked for one) and went over to pick out a puzzle with Ms. Peggy.
And an 'after' picture when we picked him up with his proud big sister. Blake loved his first day and was ready to go back the next day--unfortunately he had to wait until the following week! 
Blake goes to preschool on Monday-Wednesday-Thursday mornings and then comes to BSF with me on Tuesdays.  He loves school and wishes that he could stay longer like some of the kids do and eat lunch at school. But he's stuck with me! His teachers are amazing and of course, I love hearing their comments about how 'bright' Blake is and how amazed they are that he can read already. (I was amazed to hear that as well since I didn't realize he could! I credit all his education background to his sister!) But yes, he's reading and writing and doing all kinds of fun things that I certainly wasn't doing when I was 4 years old! It's going to be a great year at Village Green Montessori.

1 comments:

Lindsay Borland said...

such great pictures! He is so stinkin tall!!!