Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The trip of a lifetime...Disney World--Day 1

Wow...I just finished going through all the pictures from our trip and was quickly overwhelmed at the task of trying to organize and blog about it all. So to make it more manageable, I am going to do each day at a time. We were there for 7 days and I took over 600 pictures...thankfully after going through all of them, I was able to get it down to about 350. And don't worry, all 350 won't be on here! But there will be a lot. We had such an amazing time and every single person in our family, including Matt and I, did not want to come home. We could have easily stayed another week. And as I was looking through all the pictures yesterday, Sadie came over and said, "Mom, looking at these pictures just makes me want to go back! I think I will just have to dream about it a lot until we go again. When are we going to go back?" Oh dear....so glad she had such a great time but it will be several years before we go back!


Our flight was at 8am, which meant we had to wake the kids up at about 6:15. Wyatt and Sadie, however, woke up on their own at 5:30...they were just too excited!
And they all got a pair of wings..


Sadie wanted to bring her babies with us and insisted that she wouldn't be a good Mommy if she left them all home alone. So we let her bring one and she chose Baby Ashley. you will see many pictures of Baby Ashley experiencing Disney right alongside our family.
We had to buy Blake his own seat since he's now 2, but of course he never wanted to sit in it. So Sadie graciously shared her seat with him and they spent about an hour of the flight just like this....


And this is how Matt spent the flight....

But I didn't mind because I never get over the beauty of flying. It's so incredible to be above the clouds and see God's creation from a different perspective than we usually get to see. I am quite sure my kids got sick of me telling them how amazing it was that God made all this and still loves each of us more than all of creation. But seriously, how can that not amaze us?!



Seeing clouds from above never gets old.
We arrived in Orlando just before noon and got picked up at the airport by Disney's Magical Express shuttles. It was so wonderful because they take all your luggage for you and deliver it right to your room. We didn't touch any of it once we checked in in Minneapolis until we got to our room! We got on the bus and we were all anxious to see our hotel, eat some lunch, go swimming....
except for Blake, who was exhausted!


Full-body shot from Matt's phone
(we thought it sounded pretty quiet in the seat behind us and Wyatt and Sadie were so busy looking out the window that none of us noticed for awhile)

And this is what we arrived to find our room....oh boy, it was gonna be a great week!!
(Did that wet your appetite enough?? No promises on how long it will take me to get the other days blogged but I will try and keep working on it!)

1 comments:

Lindsay Borland said...

yup - this is killing me ... i want to see more pics & hear all about your trip!!!