Tuesday, September 15, 2009

First Day of School!!!!!

It's hard to believe that this day has actually come already--sending my firstborn off to his first day of preschool. We've been talking about it for awhile now as I tried to prepare Wyatt, my child who doesn't like change, to what lay ahead. But at 4 1/2 years old, he was definitely ready. I was SO glad I kept him home last year and we were able to work on our own things at home--one year of preschool is enough for him. And I also enjoyed that our lives didn't revolve around a school schedule. But that all came to an end last Wednesday--9.9.09!

We had gone to his open house orientation and met his teacher, Mrs. Meyers, and saw his classroom and some of the other kids and he really enjoyed that--especially since both Matt and I were there and Sadie was with a friend, so he had our undivided attention. Wednesday morning rolled around and he was quite excited. We had a special pancake breakfast to commemorate the "First Day of School", a tradition my mom always carried out.




My little chef--he loves watching cooking shows and I think he will end up being a better cook than I am--which would be great!!

So proud! He was so excited to get to wear his backpack that his Grammy got him a few years ago with his name on it. AND so excited that it was full of his 'school supplies'.

So precious, if I do say so myself!

At school, hanging his backpack up on his hook. He had tears at this point and didn't want to go, so this was the best picture I was going to get.

Picture of the three of us in his classroom, taken by his sweet teacher Mrs. Meyers. All the kids had already gone to play on the 'shape rug', as you can see in the background, but Wyatt had no interest. The only reason I think he smiled for this picture is because it meant he could hang on to me for a bit longer! And I have to say that I surprised myself when I left and tears started to flow down my cheeks--not many, but a couple. I thought I would be just fine!
The "After" picture--SO happy to see Mommy and tell me all about preschool. He LOVED it and felt like such a big boy.
Each day is getting better and better. He is always excited about going and seems to be a bit less clingy each day. No tears this morning, but he still isn't rushing in and waving goodbye to me. Someday he will, but I guess I should enjoy his desire to be with me while it lasts. Because I know someday it will be gone and I'll be reminiscing about these days.

0 comments: