Sunday, July 20, 2008

Girls Weekend (condensed)

My mom has been wanting to do a "girls weekend" with my sisters and I for awhile and we've just never been able to coordinate one. So we decided to just do a "girl's day" in Chicago for the day before we leave for Ohio and my sister Lindsay leaves for New Zealand for the year. Thanks to Matt and my Dad for watching the kids while we were gone.


We started the day by grabbing Starbucks on our way to Chicago and sang old-school songs the whole way down. My sisters and I rocked out to all the christian music we grew up on---Amy Grant, DC Talk, Michael W. Smith.
Shopping on Michigan Ave.
Signature Room Restaurant on the top of the John Hancock building.....see the little sailboats down there.....we were up on the 96th floor
View of Lakeshore Dr from Signature Room

Chillaxin'
Mary Jo and Mom in our taxi----rushing to get to the show on time
Lindsay and I
YEAH----we made it on time and we are finally going to get to see WICKED!!!!!!!! I was SO excited!
The show was AWESOME and we all loved it--even Lindsay who hates the Wizard of Oz and gets creeped out by the monkeys. I never cease to be amazed at the talent of live actors and their amazing voices. AND the live orchestra---always an incredible experience and I am so thankful I was able to see it before it leaves Chicago this fall. We had a great time together and enjoyed shopping and relaxing, eating out, and spending time together. Can't wait to do it again---maybe the next one should be in New Zealand!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i agree it was a fun day ... and i did love wicked despite my deep rooted hatred (yes strong word i know) of the wizard of oz!!! oh and yes the next girls day should be down in new zealand ... i wish!

kara jayne said...

I'm SO GLAD you got to see WICKED! Sounds like a great weekend with the girls.